6 Warning Signs Your Commercial Roof Needs a Repair
It’s easy to push off tasks to another day when business is busy.
Procrastinating even small roofing issues can quickly lead to much bigger problems that may halt your business entirely.
The following signs indicate that your commercial roof needs repair.
- Leaking: Any indication of moisture is an issue that needs to be addressed. This may include water damage on the walls or ceiling, moisture in the attic space, a musty or mildewing smell, or any signs of mold.
- Rising Energy Bills: Keep an eye on your monthly bills. A functional commercial roof should maintain the internal temperature of your building without overloading your HVAC system. If your roof is faulty, the lack of insulation can lead to a spike in energy bills. Fixing your roof provides relief to both the structure of your building and can save hundreds of dollars on energy costs.
- Sagging Roofline: Most commercial buildings have a flat roofline. If you notice any area of your roof is sagging or has low spots that are susceptible to standing water, this could be a structural issue.
- Bubbles & Blistering: If you notice your roof material is starting to lift up or break down, you need to call a professional roofer. Sometimes the bubbles can be small and only observed from the surface of your roof. Other times they can be more obvious when moist air or water is trapped beneath your roof surface.
- Loose Roof Materials: Loose roofing materials only get worse over time. This may be caused by severe weather, poor installation, or old age. When left unattended, loose roof materials will leave the building more susceptible to further damage.
- Clogged Drains or Gutters: Your gutter system can be a good indicator of the overall health of your building. If you notice less water coming through the drains or gutters, it could indicate a clog. Less water coming out may also indicate more standing water on the surface of the roof.
3 Warning Signs Your Commercial Roof Needs to be Replaced
We understand that installing a brand-new roof on a commercial building is a significant investment and so we do everything we can to use quality repairs to extend the lifespan of your roof.
However, there are three clear signs that it’s time for your roof to be replaced.
- Old Age: Nothing lasts forever, including your commercial roof. If you don’t know the original installation date or the expected lifespan of your roof, our trained roofing experts will help you evaluate its life with an inspection.
- Roof Membrane Damage: The membrane is what protects your roof from the elements. An upliftment of your membrane is usually caused by strong winds or storms, resulting in bald spots on the roof. If more than 25 percent of your membrane is damaged, it’s time to call for professional services and consider a new roof replacement.
- Damaged Roof Deck: The roof deck is the actual building material underneath the membrane. Damage to the roof deck is usually caused by moisture and can seriously compromise the structural integrity of your building. The best solution for a damaged or rotted roof deck is roof replacement.
Benefits of Timely Roof Repair and Maintenance
Repairing or replacing your roof provides you the peace of mind of a protected building. However, there are some additional benefits our customers enjoy when they take advantage of the services provided by Tomlin Roofing.
Extended Lifespan: We partner with each client to take care of all of your roof concerns, allowing you to focus on your day-to-day business. Through our complete assessment process, we can identify and fix any issues before they lead to worse damage. After the repair or replacement of your roof, we provide routine quality maintenance so you never have to worry about an unexpected roof leak again.
Enhanced Safety: Water leaks don’t just hurt your bottom line. They can also cause damage to other assets in your building, present slip hazards, and create downtime leading to economic loss. When you partner with us, our maintenance program and reliable team of contractors ensure that this never happens.
Improved Resale Value: If you consider selling your building in the future, a functional and well-maintained roof will improve the resale value of your property. On the other hand, a poorly maintained roof will lead to a significant loss in the value of your property and problems with passing a building inspection.
Increased Efficiency: Most of our clients experience a decrease in their energy bills after partnering with Tomlin. When your building is well insulated, the HVAC system is not overloaded and your building easily maintains a comfortable temperature.
Why Choose Tomlin Roofing Professional
Transparency: We believe the best way to build relationships with our customers is to maintain transparency in all communications, costs, timelines, and progress. Our goal is to educate customers about their roof, so they are empowered to make every decision based on reliable information, not emotion.
Experience: We have worked with a wide range of commercial buildings both big and small. Our process is always the same and our experience is unmatched. We are more than just another roofing contractor — we are hiring a team with generational experience backed up by decades of ‘doing roofing right.’
Community-Focused: We are a local company that takes pride in the communities we serve. We strive to support our community by using local vendors and contractors wherever possible.
We operate out of two locations to better serve our community with all their roofing needs.