- 2-Piece Mission style – This style is installed in pairs, with the cover tile overlapping the pan tile. This creates a beautiful tiling shape that is known for its curb-appeal.
- 1-Piece S style – This style combines the cap and pan of a Two-Piece system into a single piece to make installation easier, while also giving the look of a 2-Piece roof.
5 Common Types of Roof Repairs
In most cases, all roof repairs boil down to six common problems.
The causes of roof damage are frequently caused by weather, but can also be due to falling objects, natural disasters, tree limbs, etc.
For each type of roofing repair, our experts can get you back on track to a fully functional roof before the problems get worse.
- Loose Shingles: When they are installed properly, shingles of all kinds are designed for resiliency. However, when they are installed improperly, or mother nature rears her ugly side, they can be loosened. This is particularly true around skylights, chimneys, or other structures on your roof causing leaks in your roof. Roof inspections check for loose shingles to repair and prevent further damage.
- Roof Holes: A hole in your roof is never a good sign. Small holes can sometimes be patched while larger holes may require a full or partial roof replacement. No matter the size, any type of roof hole is an urgent matter that must be addressed as soon as possible.
- Hailstorm Damaged Roof: Hail is one of the biggest culprits of roof damage. One good storm can seriously damage your home by punching tiny holes right through your asphalt, damaging tiles, bending metal panels, and destroying skylights. Some hailstones can even crack the fascia or flashing on your roof. It’s always a good idea to have your roof inspected after any significant hailstorm.
- Roof Vent Replacement: Roof vents are an important piece of roofing design. These vents allow hot air and odors to leave the house. If they aren’t working properly, they can cause leaks. Replace them as needed to prevent this simple issue from causing serious damage.
- Chimney Flashing Damage: The flashing is a thin sheet of metal used around the chimney and any other roof elements to prevent water from leaking in at the seams. Flashing is more susceptible to damage because it is usually used to cover joints and seams in the roof.
4 Signs You Need a Roof Repair
So how can you tell if your flashing is damaged or your roof sustained hail damage or your shingles are loose?
One of the best ways is to schedule a roof inspection.
This free service provides you with expert consultation on the status of your roof.
You can also check your property for these 5 signs that you need a roof repair.
- Leaks and Moisture: Obvious leaks are usually attended to rather quickly, it’s the subtle ones that go unnoticed. Sometimes, these leaks are not easily visible because it’s not a steady stream of water leaking in from your roof. Instead, it’s a water stain that wasn’t there before, or consistent wet shingles even when it hasn’t been raining.
- Visible Damage: Some roof damage is quite apparent, while others may require roof inspection. The most common visible damage you can often see from the ground. Check your roof for any broken tiles, asphalt shingles that are missing or broken, any type of roof particles in gutters, peeling paint, or water stains on the roof.
- Increased Energy Bills: If you haven’t changed anything else in your home, but the energy bills are increasing, it may be due to an overworked HVAC. If your roof is not properly insulating your home, the HVAC kicks into overdrive and works even harder to maintain a comfortable temperature inside.
- Clogged Gutters: Clogged gutters are never a good sign. This could mean that you have shingle granules breaking off. It could also be a sign of an ineffective drainage system. If your gutters are full or aren’t able to keep up, it’s time for a roof inspection.
Benefits of Professional Roof Repair
While some people try and repair their roof themselves, it is better to have a professional do it for you.
Homeowners that opt for a professional roof repair get to enjoy several benefits.
Quality Materials: The DIY roof repair kits you may find at the hardware store aren’t professional products. When you call for professional roof repair, we use quality materials made to last a long time. We don’t apply a band-aid and hope it holds. We actually leave you much better than you started.
Safety: Getting on the roof isn’t a project for any homeowner. Roof repair professionals come with specialized equipment and gear, including helmets and harnesses that keep them safe. Don’t risk your safety to save a little cash on shingles.
Cost-effectiveness: Professional roof repair isn’t just a quick shingle swap. Instead, it comes with a full-scale roof inspection and sophisticated diagnostic tools to figure out exactly what needs to be done. This saves you both time and money by avoiding unnecessary materials that you may buy because you do not know what the project actually needs.
Warranty: Professional roof repair uses materials and labor techniques that come with a warranty. When you work with professionals, your roof is covered under warranty should any problems arise in the future.
FAQs About Roof Repair