There are many factors that go into the health of your roof. Sometimes issues need only a repair and they’re fixed, other times an entire commercial roofing replacement is necessary.
At Tomlin Roofing Professionals in San Antonio, TX, we walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have so that, together, we can make a decision that you can feel good about.
We take pride in every step of our process, ensuring that you are informed and prepared to take the next step. Read below to learn about how we perform our commercial roofing services.
Consultation: Communication is at the center of everything we do. First, we pay attention to you when you speak of your needs and prioritize things that are important to you. Then, we attempt to cater to those needs with our generational expertise and experience.
General Inspection & Damage Assessment: Replacing commercial roofing isn’t always the best answer, sometimes a repair is all you need. At Tomlin Roofing Professionals in San Antonio, TX we are trained to assess your commercial roof for integrity failure and evaluate the lifespan of your roof before we recommend the next best steps.
Project Scope and Estimates: After the assessment, we then provide a detailed accounting of all expenses for your project scope, repair/replacement, or whatever the case may be.
Repairs, Installation, & Maintenance Plans: When a project begins, we make sure to follow strict repair and installation procedures to ensure that everything is cared for. We create reliable maintenance plans that preserve the integrity of your roof and keep it performing at an optimal level.
Warranties: When we work for you, we bear all the risk, not you. Tomlin provides product and labor warranty for all the commercial roofing work we do.
6 Warning Signs Your Commercial Roofing Needs a Professional Repair
When it comes to your roof, it’s better safe than sorry.
The following signs indicate that your commercial roof needs repair.
1. Leaking: Any indication of moisture issues, water damage, or leaking are all signs that your roof needs repair. If you notice this, call for immediate professional service.
A leaking commercial roof can lead to further damage like mold and mildew growth, bad smells and odors, and structural damage.
2. Rising Energy Bills: A functional commercial roof plays a significant role in maintaining the internal temperature of your building. If your roof is faulty, it might also lead to a spike in energy bills.
Fixing your roof will usually bring this additional cost down, saving you hundreds or thousands of dollars.
3. Sagging Roofline: If you notice any area of your roof is sagging or has low spots, it’s a sign that your roof needs professional attention.
A sagging roofline may be caused by previous ponding that damaged your roof insulation or roof deck joist. If left unattended, a sagging roof may lead to a complete roof cave-in.
4. Bubbles & Blistering: This can be observed from the surface of your roof, and when moist air or water is trapped beneath your roof surface. If you notice your roof material is starting to lift up or break down, you need to call a professional roofer as soon as possible.
5. Loose Roof Materials: Loose roof materials may be caused by severe weather, poor installation, or old age. Whatever the cause, it is important to have professional roofers inspect your roof as soon as possible. If not repaired quickly, loose roof materials may lead to further damage such as leakage.
6. Clogged Drains or Gutters: If you notice less water coming through your rain drains or gutters, it may be a sign that they are clogged. It is also a sign that there may be sagging spots on your roof. If left unchecked, a clogged drain or gutter leads to further damage.
3 Warning Signs Your Commercial Roof Needs to be Replaced
If you are experiencing any of the following with your commercial roof, it is a telltale sign that it needs to be replaced.
1. Old Age: Sometimes, old age can be a warning sign that your commercial roof needs to be replaced. If you don’t know the lifespan of your roof, our trained roofing experts will help you evaluate the life of it. When your roof comes to the end of its manufacturer’s specific lifespan, a repair may not always be the best solution.
2. Roof Membrane Damage: The upliftment of your membrane is usually caused by strong winds or storms. If you notice large bald spots on the membrane or if the extent of upliftment to your roof membrane is up to or over 25%, call for professional service immediately in San Antonio, TX. When left unchecked, it can cause more damage to the building.
3. Damaged Roof Deck: Another telltale sign that your roof needs to be replaced is a worn roof deck. This is usually caused by moisture damage.
Benefits of Timely Roof Repair and Maintenance
Who you choose to work with is important when selecting roofing professionals in San Antonio, TX.
The following outlines some benefits our customers have enjoyed by making Tomlin Roofing Professionals their roof repair partner.
- Extended Lifespan: When you partner with Tomlin in San Antonio, TX, we will take care of all of your roof concerns, allowing you to focus on the care of your business. We will identify and fix any issues before they lead to worse damage. Tomlin also provides routine quality maintenance that will keep your roof functional throughout the manufacturer’s lifespan.
- Enhanced Safety: Your roof is meant to protect your building and everyone in it from external factors. The last thing you want is for your staff or customers to complain of a leaking roof or an animal intrusion through it. Water leaks can also cause damage to other assets in your building, present slip hazards, and create downtime leading to economic loss. When you partner with us, we ensure that this never happens.
- Improved Resale Value: A functional and well-maintained roof improves the resale value of your property, due to potential buyers taking this into account. A poorly maintained roof will lead to a significant loss in the value of your property.
- Increased Efficiency: You do not have to worry about a spike in energy bills caused by a faulty roof when you partner with Tomlin.
Types of Roofs We Repair and Install
At Tomlin, we want to serve our customers. To make this easier, we repair and install the following types of roofs for both residential and commercial buildings in San Antonio, TX.
Asphalt Shingles (Standard and Designer): Asphalt shingles are the most common and popular type of roof in the US, for good reasons. They are easy to install, easy to maintain, durable, noiseless, and affordable. Asphalt shingles are also eco-friendly since they are 100% recyclable.
Standing Seam Metal: Previously regulated to barns and warehouses, metal roofs are slowly becoming more popular for residential and commercial purposes, due to their many benefits.
Standing seam metal roofs are a more reliable roof option since they are installed with concealed fasteners.
You should consider a standing seam metal roof if you are looking for a roof that offers a long lifespan with little to no maintenance required. Some of the benefits of metal roofs include longer lifespan, cost-effectiveness, high durability, and fire resistance. Their high emissive and reflective properties make them energy efficient.
TPO: Made from recycled rubber, TPO roofing is an inexpensive and lightweight roofing material that’s most often used on commercial buildings. For commercial roofing, TPO (thermoplastic polyolefin) is an excellent option in San Antonio, TX.
It is versatile and has a high tolerance for extreme weather, UV light, bacteria growth, chemicals, fires, and other external factors.
SBS Modified Bitumen: SBS stands for Styrene-Butadiene-Styrene, which describes a family of synthetic rubber derived from styrene and butadiene.
It is among the oldest roofing materials, compatible with all flat roof applications. This makes it an excellent option for commercial buildings.
It is admired for its high performance, durability, long lifespans, ease of installation, and versatility. It’s asphaltic in nature and can be used for residential patios or commercial buildings in San Antonio, TX.
Metal Tile: Metal tile roofing gives you the elegant aesthetic of tile roofing and all the superior benefits of a metal roof, at a lesser cost than tile roofing. It is lightweight, walkable, and highly resistant to external factors such as high winds or fire.
Why Choose Tomlin Roofing Professionals
- Transparency: We are open and honest about everything, including cost and work. We will educate the customer about their roof, so every decision is based on knowledge, not emotion.
- Experience: We have seen it all and can handle any commercial roofing job, big or small. In our process, we will assess the situation, evaluate all available options, then educate and assist the customer to make the best decision for their roof. Hiring Tomlin Roofing is more than hiring a roofing contractor — it is hiring generational experience that is backed by decades of ‘doing roofing right.’
- Community Focused: We take pride in our community. When people spend money with Tomlin, we then spend that money back into the community through local vendors and contractors in San Antonio, TX.
Roofing Professionals in San Antonio, TX
At Tomlin Roofing Professionals in San Antonio, TX, we understand how exhausting and time-consuming the roofing process can be. It is our goal to make this process easier by having our team of professionals guide you through the process and leave you with a sturdy, well-built commercial roof.
If you live in San Antonio, TX, and need roofing experts, do not hesitate to contact us.
We would love to meet with you and answer any questions you may have.
Give us a call to meet with a roofing professional.