4 Signs You Need to Repair Your Metal Roof
1. Leaks – Leaks can happen due to the appearance of corrosion and rust but can also be caused by weather elements and conditions. A minor leak might not seem like a big issue but, if not addressed, can cause a more serious problem. Opting for professional repairs will help you avoid needing the replacement of your roof.
2. Loose Parts – Over time, parts of your metal roof can get loose. If you hear unusual sounds coming from your attic during windy weather conditions, this can be a sign that your roof may have loosened up. A roofing professional in San Antonio, TX will be able to assess the damage and prevent the falling of roof panels by incorporating the adequate repairs.
3. Color Changes – Metal roofing can change its color due to the appearance of rust, but it is possible to apply a coating on the discolored part to try and alleviate it. However, this does not guarantee the occurrence of bigger issues, such as leaks, won’t happen. A professional roofing contractor will be able to repair the discolored part and prevent the appearance of greater damage.
4. Extreme Temperature Changes – The role of the roof is to protect you from weather elements and conditions. However, it is also responsible to maintain a steady temperature in your house and decrease the energy consumption. If you notice that you are suddenly experiencing extreme temperature changes inside your home, you should consider possible issues with the structure of your metal roof. Applying the adequate repairs will help you resolve this issue and decrease the energy consumption in your home in San Antonio, TX.
4 Signs You Need to Replace Your Metal Roof
1. Rust and Corrosion – If metal roofs are not maintained properly, there is a high chance that they will develop rust and corrosion on their surface. This also happens when metal roofs have reached their lifespan. Corrosion can eat up the materials of your roofing, causing leaks in your attic or moisture stains on your wall. When this happens, it is recommended to hire a professional to inspect your roof and estimate the damage. Rust and corrosion can be resolved with extensive repairs, but often a full replacement is inevitable.
2. Old Roofing Structure – If your roof has reached its lifespan, you need to consider installing a new metal roof. Roofing materials are exposed to different weather conditions and, over time, can start to deteriorate. Sometimes, you may resolve an issue with extensive repairs, but with an old roof it is more economical to opt for a replacement in San Antonio, TX.
3. Repetitive Punctures – Roof punctures can happen due to weather and temperature changes, even if your metal roofing is quite sturdy. You can handle punctures with roof repairs, but this is only a temporary solution. A new metal roof is a more permanent and efficient solution.
4. Worn Paint – If you notice that the paint from your metal roof has disappeared, it is time to consider installing a new one. Metal roofs are painted with waterproof coatings, meaning that once that paint wears out, you no longer have solid protection. Your roof will be exposed to elements such as humidity, rain, and debris. Eventually, this will weaken the whole structure and develop more serious issues, such as leakage and rust.
Reasons to get a Professional Metal Roof Installation
1. Proper Installation for Long Use – If the metal roof is not properly installed, you will not get the proper benefits it is made to give. Some metal roofs can last between 50 to 70 years, but only if they are installed with special care and techniques. Additionally, they will cost less to repair over time.
2. Quick installation – Metal roofing installation requires a significant amount of time, and calls for specific tools, materials, and methods. If you do the installation on your own, you may end up working on your roof for months spending money on tools that you might not need to use again. A professional roofing company in San Antonio, TX will install your metal roof in a timely manner, and the contractors will come with all the tools that they need.
3. Safety – The installation of metal roofing requires the use of dangerous tools, which you may not know how to use. You are also at risk of falling if you are not experienced in this job. Professional roofing contractors in San Antonio, TX are familiarized with the safest methods for working on this kind of task, allowing them to do this job safely and quickly.
FAQs about Metal Roofing