A damage-free roof is crucial if you want to keep your home dry and safe against inclement weather.
A roof repair will make sure that your roof is always functional and well-maintained. If roof damage is caught early, roof repairs can save you from a roof replacement, which can be costly and time-consuming.
6 Common Types of Roof Repairs
There are many types of roof repairs, each with their own distinguished forms. The variety of roofing material options make each project different, requiring a different way of handling it.
1. Loose Shingles – One of the most common roofing materials, shingles are known to have excellent resistance to high winds when they are properly installed. However, due to extreme weather conditions, they can loosen up around skylights or chimneys. Any shingles not properly secured can cause leaks in your roof.
2. Leaking – Roof leaks are not always caused by high winds and blown-off shingles. They can happen due to cracked flashing, clogged gutters, or skylight leaks. These repairs are usually simple and quick to complete and can protect your home in San Antonio, TX from significant water damage.
3. Roof Holes – Roof holes are an urgent matter that need to be fixed as soon as possible. If this problem is not taken care of quickly, it may lead to bigger issues. If the holes cannot be patched, it may require replacement materials.
4. Hailstorm Damaged Roof – Hail can seriously damage your home by punching through shingles and damaging tiles and skylights. Some hailstones can even crack the fascia or flashing on your roof. If this damage is left untreated more problems will arise.
5. Roof Vent Replacement – Roof vents in San Antonio, TX are designed to allow hot air and odors to leave the house. However, since they are exposed to external weather conditions and elements, they can get worn out over time. This means they will need to be replaced. If they are not replaced, malfunctioning roof vents will cause leaks.
6. Chimney Flashing Damage – Flashing is the metal part of the chimney that is put around the edges. This metal strip prevents water from leaking into the cracks between the roof elements. Since the flashing is exposed to the elements, it can get damaged over time and will need to be repaired.
Signs You Need a Roof Repair
Roof repairs in San Antonio, TX can be pricey, depending on the size of the job. However, costs can be decreased if the roof is repaired when it starts to show signs of needing it.
Here are 5 signs that your roof needs a repair.
Leaks and Moisture – If you notice any leaks you should have your roof checked damage. Sometimes, leaks are not easily visible but they can appear in the form of water stains on your ceilings.
On the outside of the house, if you notice rotting boards and wet shingles, then your roof is most likely already leaking.
Visible Damage – Some roof damage is quite apparent, while others may require roof inspection. The most common visible damage is wet and broken tiles, shingle particles in gutters, peeling paint, water stains on the attic walls or ceiling, and wear and tear of roof parts, such as the chimney.
Increased Energy Bills – If you notice an increase in your energy bill, it is possible that your HVAC system is running more than expected. When this happens, it may mean you have cracks or holes in the roof.
Clogged Gutters – If you regularly maintain and clean your gutters, you may notice that there are more and more shingle granules that are clogging them. This is likely a sign of decaying worn-out shingles.
Sagging Roof – A sagging roof is an issue that needs attention quickly to make sure your home is safe. Factors such as excess weight, water damage, and design flaws can be the cause, but it is best to get a trained professional’s opinion on the matter.
Benefits of Roof Repair
While some people try and repair their roof themselves, it is better to have a professional in San Antonio, TX do it for you.
Homeowners that opt for a professional roof repair get to enjoy several benefits.
Quality Materials – Professional companies provide quality materials that are made to last for a long time.
In addition, they have the ability to figure out which material will best suit a particular roof type, so you will know that the repairs are going to be made correctly.
Safety – Roof repair professionals come with specialized equipment and gear, such as helmets and harnesses that keep them safe during the roof repair. Slip and fall injuries are common during these kinds of repairs, and if you are not experienced, they can lead to fatal consequences.
Cost-effectiveness – Professional roof repair technicians in San Antonio, TX come with their own specialized tools and equipment.
They can also diagnose your roof issues precisely and will figure out exactly what needs to be done so that way you don’t have to.
This will also save you money on unnecessary materials that you may buy because you do not know what the project needs.
Warranty – Professional roof repair companies in San Antonio, TX use materials that come with a warranty. The work they do on your roof is usually also under warranty, so you are covered in the future in case other issues arise.
Other benefits of getting your roof repaired include increased lifespan of your roof and improved curb appeal.
Types of Roofing We Work With