The roof replacement process can be intimidating, especially when your roof is already showing signs of distress. There are many factors that go into it, and it can be easy to get overwhelmed and make quick decisions.
Hiring a team of roofing professionals in Seguin, TX means getting the job done right and not having to stress about the status of your roof.
4 Signs You Need to Replace Your Roof
Whether from damage due to inclement weather or old and worn with time, a roof replacement will inevitably be in your future.
There are a few signs that indicate it is time for your replacement.
1. Cracked and Damaged Shingles – It is important to check on your shingles regularly and make sure that they lie flat at all times. If you notice that they are cracked or damaged, a repair may be all that you need. However, if your gutters are full of shingle granules, then your roof has run its course and you need to replace it.
2. Cracks and Breaks in the Flashing – The flashing around chimneys, skylights, and vents serve to prevent leaks. If there is any damage such as cracks and breaks, water can create further damage.
3. Roof Damaged with Age – Each type of roof comes with a particular lifespan. If that lifespan is reached, it is recommended that you schedule a roof replacement in order to avoid more serious damage. The average lifespan of an asphalt shingle roof is between 20 and 25 years and around 50 years for metal.
4. Moss Growth – Moss grows in places that are not exposed to sunlight, meaning they thrive in moist environments. This can hold moisture against the surface of the roof and cause damage to the shingles at freezing temperatures. Moss needs to be removed by professionals to make sure it does not grow again.
5 Benefits of Getting a New Roof
When your roof begins to fail, it is important that you get it replaced as soon as possible.
A new roof is an investment that pays off.
1. Increase the Durability of Your Roof
When you decide to replace your roof, you will get rid of constant roof repairs. This way, you will save both money and time. If the roof repairs start becoming more frequent, then it is better to go for a roof replacement, rather than spending your money on repairs that are not a long-term solution.
When you replace your roof, you know that the structure will last for at least 20 years. It will still need to be maintained regularly, but you will be more protected.
2. Increased Energy Efficiency
Fully replacing your roof means that you will have a more efficient roof. The roofing materials that are used today are not only designed to cover your house, they also have features that allow them to repel heat and keep your home cooler in the summer.
This means that your HVAC system will not have to work as hard to keep heat away from your house, leading to lower energy bills.
3. Increased Safety
Once you replace your roof, you will have the guarantee that its structure is stable, solid, and safe. Over time, roofs become worn and unstable. In order to avoid running this risk, it is better to opt for a roof replacement.
4. Resale Value
A new roof is a great selling factor. A home on the market with a new roof is likely to receive more offers and sell for a higher asking price.
5. Lower Insurance Premiums
Installing a new roof may mean you are eligible for insurance premium discounts. Check with your insurance company to see what offers they have available.
Types of Roofs We Replace
Asphalt Shingle Roofs
Due to being affordable and easy to install, asphalt shingles are among the most popular roofing materials.
In addition, they are easy to get and have great durability.
The lifespan of these shingles is approximately 20-25 years. Asphalt shingles come in a variety of styles, most of which are recyclable. By choosing Tomlin Roofing Professionals you can choose from dimensional, designer, and 3-tab.